Thursday, October 27, 2005

It was a beautiful day again today

Sometimes a song harmonizes with its surroundings. Today on the radio I heard U2's "It's a Beautiful Day" and it expressed the mood perfectly. In the paradise of Arivaca everyday is warm and sunny even in late October.

I ran out of Italian dressing today. But, Arivaca Man is clever. I marinated the wings in a mixture of prickly pear glaze and hot sauce. It was most excellent. There are no meals that are not excellent in Arivaca.

Soon the Shack will be ready to entertain guests. My parents are coming to visit after I get back from London and Chris and Sarah should be here by then. The First Annual Grand Shack Feast will be an event to remember.

6 comments:

Chris O'Byrne said...

So... liking Arivaca, then?

Sara and I can't wait to Shack-out with ya'll! We should be arriving in Arivaca this Saturday evening, actually. Not sure if you have time for a quick hello before you leave on Monday, but we'd be up for actually meeting you in person. Maybe the coffee shop is open on Sunday?

J. Otto Pohl said...

The coffee shop is open on Sunday. I will see about getting a ride from my uncle there. Mornings are best. How, about 10:00 am?

J. Otto Pohl said...

Chris,

Wait, Sunday is the Mesquite festival. The community center next to the fire station on Universal Road has a pancake breakfest. It starts at 8:00 am with Mesquite pancakes and prikly pear syrup. See if you can make it.

Chris O'Byrne said...

The Mesquite Festival sounds wonderful, we'll definitely plan on being there. Can't wait!

Siel said...

But U2 hasn't done anything exciting musically since, like, a long time ago -- I mean, I agree with their politics, but...

J. Otto Pohl said...

Siel,

I am far removed from what is cutting edge in the world of music. Being hip would be a burden Arivaca Man could not bear.