Saturday, October 01, 2005

Royalty Check

I got a royalty check from McFarland & Company, Inc. for the last six months of sales for my first book, The Stalinist Penal System. The check comes to a walloping $1.58 representing 10% of the cover price of one book sold at the discounted price of $15.75. The check has the words "Void after 45 days: Cash Immediately" stamped across the top of it in red ink. I am not cashing the check. No, I am going to frame it as evidence of the current economic state enjoyed by most writers in the US.

5 comments:

KRISTIN said...

an excellent idea :D
I like the way you think!

Chris Conway said...

And you should scan it and post a .jpg image of it on your blog.

KRISTIN said...

EXACTLY! Also you can scan at least a part of your face since you don't have a cam; I've done it once long time ago, didn't hurt LOL

J. Otto Pohl said...

Okay I will see if I can figure out how to work the scanner. I am horrible with technology.

J. Otto Pohl said...

Dad, I couldn't get the scanned check picture to upload onto blogger.