Thursday, September 29, 2005

Weekly Reminder (Diaspora Carnival)

This is a reminder that I will be doing another Carnival of Diasporas on the 25th of October. I thought the best two entries of the last carnival were the ones on the Tongans by Jonathan Edlestein and the one on the Chagossians (Ilois) by Rich Hindes. Due to problems arising from the last carnival I will not be able to accept any posts on the Armenian diaspora for this or any future carnivals. I have for similar reasons removed the two Armenian related blogs from my blog roll. As an anti-troll measure, no future mentions of Armenia or Armenians will be allowed on this blog. If you have any diaspora related posts regarding other ethnic groups please send them to me. I am especially interested in posts on obscure diasporas such as those submitted by Edelstein and Hindes. My email is pohlcat [the at sign] rocketmail [the dot] com.

3 comments:

Katy said...

Hi Otto. Why not any Armenian related posts? :(

Onnik Krikorian said...

Hmmm, as a significant Diaspora in itself, it seems a but ridiculous to ban Armenian blogs, especially when the whole point of a blog is about fighting censorship and supporting freedom of speech.

Of course, you have already seen how nasty and vicious some in the Armenian Diaspora can get, but that's really moer a moderation issue.

Anyway, ommitting one of the most significant and well known Diasporas kind of makes a Carnival of Diasporas not one at all.

RK said...

Onnik wrote: "Anyway, ommitting one of the most significant and well known Diasporas kind of makes a Carnival of Diasporas not one at all."

I completly agree. And in any case banning any one ethnicity seems...