Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I found one of my lazy arachnid workers

Well, the bugs are starting to reappear without the pair of spiders that were here last night. I found one of them hanging out in my bathroom not eating bugs. I gave him explicit orders to return to the office and eat more bugs. But, he is ignoring me. I would think that a spider his size, about five inches in diameter, could eat a lot of bugs. Also a plea to everybody, please do not kill spiders. They are our friends. If you kill them the planet will be overrun with insects and we will all die of malaria or some other awful disease carried by mosquitos. If you do not want the big spiders in your kitchen then send them to me and I will put them in my office.

2 comments:

Chris O'Byrne said...

Spiders are notoriously hard-headed (so to speak) and not prone to listen to orders of any sort. I think you would have better luck with a dialogue approach, perhaps something along the lines of participatory decision-making. If you can reach a consensus on this issue, perhaps by demonstrating the advantages to said spider by eating some of the insects yourself, you will have made great progress in the age-old conflict between homo sapiens and the various genus and species of arachnids.

On the other hand, you may wish to consult with a few of those Kabbalistic toads!

J. Otto Pohl said...

I have been killing bugs by the dozens with sticks since the spiders went on strike. Now I can not find any arachnids at all. The one in the bathroom has left the building. The toads need to eat more bugs and do less Kabbala.