This morning I got some more work done on covering the pipes before it got too hot and got another page written on the book. It is now up to 57 pages. I have been writing about social and economic trends in the 1960s for the past two days. Tommorrow I think I am going to do some work on the collectivization of agriculture in the 1930s. I need to reorganize that chapter a bit. It seems to run from the introduction into the Purges without leaving space for 1930-1936. But, it is better organized than the section on the 1920s so far. I will tackle that chapter later.
I heard back from the editor of the encyclopedia on slavery. He received my GULag article. His family is from LA, so he has been naturally preoccupied with other things. But, he reported that none of them were harmed and that he would start editing the volume soon. I still have three articles with a combined word total of 2500 words to write for it due on 15 October.
I finally got fed up with the bugs and sprayed them with poison. This seems to have done the trick. This morning one of the beatles bit me which sent me into an insectocidal rage. So I had to take drastic measures.