Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Today

Well today was not as productive as I had hoped. I had a research crises on the encyclopedia article. Anywhere else in the world I could have found what I needed in fifteen minutes. But, here in Arivaca without most of my few books it took me hours to find the information I was looking for in my notes and on the internet. So I only got a little bit written on the article. I did, however, pull up two new job applications including one I applied for last year. I am quite sure it is the exact same job. I remember it because they very promptly sent me an e-mail informing me they had received my application and then I never heard from them again. This morning it rained really hard and freaked out the dog. He kept messing up my already only semi-organized piles of papers in manila folders. But, while the writing did not progress well I did get most of the post hole dug today once the sun came out. The rain drove away most of the fire ants. The hole needs to be 18" deep. It currently measures at 14" deep. I will definitely finish that project tommorrow.

2 comments:

Frank said...

Fascinating Kalmyk posts, JPO. I wish I were half as productive as you even on your "off" days!

J. Otto Pohl said...

Thanks for the comment. Have you been to the Kalmyk temple in Monmouth, NJ?