Thursday, August 18, 2005

I love the Library of Congress

The Library of Congress is the greatest library in the world. I have done more research there than anywhere else. It has alot more books and is much prettier than the new British Library over on Euston. Indeed I am quite sure it has more books than any other library in the world. Unlike alot of other national libraries the Library of Congress is in fact an international library. Its collection of Russian language materials is simply awesome. Even out here in Arivaca I find the Library of Congress invaluable. I just tracked down three obscure sources from the North Caucasus and Crimea using the Library of Congress online catalogue. I only had partial citation data for the works. It took me a grand total of fifteen minutes. Absent the web resources of the Library of Congress it would have taken me hours of hard labor. Now I can finish filling in the citations for my cotton paper.

No comments: