Friday, December 30, 2005

Life in Arivaca

Today I met the woman who made my tie-dye shirts. Here in Arivaca the tie-dye shirt is one of the most common elements of local fashion. My uncle and I were at the coffee shop on our way back from the dump and post office. In line in front of us to purchase coffee was a woman holding a small puppy. I was wearing a tie-dye shirt. The woman recognized her work and thanked me for purchasing it. People in Arivaca are much nicer and more polite than in the rest of the world.

4 comments:

Chris O'Byrne said...

Yes, they are. Rex is a very nice woman, we met her and Charlie at Family Night back in November. Charlie was the musician who played guitar at Winterfest. It will be nice to be back home in Arivaca next week! I have a couple of birding friends coming down next week who would like to meet you and partake of the hookah. Would you be amenable to that?

J. Otto Pohl said...

Chris you are more than welcome to bring your friends over to smoke hookah with me.

KRISTIN said...

sounds like a fairy tale :P

Chris O'Byrne said...

A fine fairy tale, indeed, Kit!