Thursday, November 24, 2011

Giving Thanks to Mother Africa

Today I am very thankful that I am able to provide for my family and that my daughter is healthy and growing. I am thankful to Mother Africa for providing me with a job that allows me to send them enough money to pay for necessities. Africa has given me an academic career and respect as a human being, teacher, and scholar that I have not been able to find elsewhere. Here I am accepted as an equal not an inferior. I know that a lot of negative stereotypes still exist in the US and elsewhere about Africa. But, Africa is where human kind first developed. When Richard Pryor found this out he vowed never to use the "N" word again. Thus in a metaphorical sense Africa is the homeland of all men. It is now my home in a real sense. For that I give thanks.

No comments: