Saturday, February 19, 2005

Back to blogging

After a long break from blogging I have decided to return. In the meantime I got my Ph.D. from SOAS (U. of London) and returned to the US. I have since participated in one academic workshop in DC and one conference in Tartu Estonia both of which will result in books. I still have to revise my chapters, but they have been added to my evergrowing (now 3 pages) list of publications. I also submitted one journal article and one book review that will be published later this year. My dissertation got one book offer from a US publisher which I had to turn down because the contract was so lousy and is still being considered by three UK publishers. I hope to be able to add it to my list of publications soon. The job search has not gone so well. I am convinced that almost all these things are fixed. That is there is no actual search. Instead they choose the person they want for the job and only advertise it because they are required to do so by law. So I will probably end up going back to work for minimum wage making sandwiches and coffee even though I have more academic publications than most tenured faculty.

No comments: