Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Schadenfreude

I really shouldn't celebrate the fact that American academia is now eating itself alive much like Stalin purged the Communist Party and many leftist jerks are now finding themselves impoverished and unemployed. If I was a much better man I would take no joy in it. But, the fact that some of the same types of people that deliberately denied me even an interview in the US are now economically worse off than me does make me smile. I know this is a moral weakness and I am  trying to overcome it. Obviously I am not morally the strongest person on earth. The fact is, however, that these same people were all enthusiastic supporters of black listing people like me forever from being employed in the US as academics. Fortunately, I don't have a problem working in Africa. Whereas most leftist academics have a strong aversion to living and working in a majority non-white environment. So they would rather starve than move to Africa. In the old days we used to call such attitudes racism.

1 comment:

Chris O'Byrne said...

LOVED this post!