Sunday, October 19, 2008

Fall Break in the Dark

We now have Fall Break and I do not have to teach any classes for a week. I am going to use this time to catch up on some other projects. I hope to finish my encyclopedia article in the next couple of days. Right now I have a little over half of it written. Next semester, I am not going to take on so much work.

The power cuts have become regular now. We only have power 16 hours a day. But, it is not the same 16 hours each day. It is also not the same 16 hours everywhere in the city. I noticed the post listing the power schedule for my apartment building this morning. I was on my way to work because there was no power in my building. We have no power on Sunday mornings from 6:00 am until 2:00 pm. One thing that is not readily apparent until you start living without power is that certain things like ground beef become dangerous to eat. So I am going to be avoiding certain foods that spoil rapidly without refrigeration from now on.

No comments: