Saturday, February 24, 2007

Ivy League Gang Affiliations

It appears that clothing with Ivy League university monograms have become popular apparel with street gangs. According to this post by Todd Zywicki at The Volokh Conspiracy the favored school for gang bangers is Dartmouth College. But Harvard has a strong following among the Bloods. I am pretty sure that SOAS being a British institution with a symbol that looks like it came from the Lebanese flag will never have to worry about this problem. So I do not think I will have to worry about being shot for wearing the wrong gang colors. But, I would say that wearing a Harvard sweat shirt now in a Crips neighborhood is probably asking to be killed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi there - this is Ben of neweurasia, can you please drop me an email, I can't find any contact information on your blog (ben at neweurasia dot net). Thanks!