Friday, August 31, 2007

My First Holiday in Bishkek

Today is Independence Day in Kyrgyzstan. As a result I did not have to work today. Under normal circumstances I would have to teach Russian Politics in fifteen minutes. But, it seems lots of people with citizenship in the Kyrgyz Republic did have to work today. Other than AUCA there were not too many other places closed for business that I could see. Almost all the retail outlets I passed walking into the center of town this morning were open for instance. Only a very few were closed for the day.

1 comment:

Energetic Storyteller, Family Historian & Grebel Lover said...

Otto,

It has been a few weeks since I have read your blog. I am delighted to read about your new position. I know you will be outstanding as a teacher. Best of luck! I am taking a laid back approach to Labor Day in Arizona. I think the summer has been long because of the humidity in Arizona and the exceptionally hot weather around the globe.